Best benign Colloid Cyst Thyroid Treatment in Bangalore: Dr. Athira Ramakrishnan
Thyroid colloid cysts are benign growths that develop in the thyroid gland. They are typically filled with a thick, jelly-like substance called colloid. Colloid cysts are usually small and do not cause any symptoms. However, in some cases, they can grow large enough to press on the surrounding structures and cause problems such as difficulty swallowing or breathing.
If a benign colloid cyst is causing symptoms, it may need to be removed. The best treatment for a benign colloid cyst thyroid in Bangalore is with Dr. Athira Ramakrishnan. She is an experienced ENT with a special interest in thyroid disorders. Dr. Athira Ramakrishnan offers a variety of treatment options for benign colloid cysts, including:
- Surgical removal: This is the most common treatment for benign colloid cysts that are causing symptoms. Dr. Ramakrishnan performs minimally invasive surgery to remove the cyst, which typically results in a quick recovery.
- Radioactive iodine therapy: This treatment is used for larger cysts that cannot be removed surgically. Radioactive iodine destroys the cells that make up the cyst, causing it to shrink.
- Observation: In some cases, benign colloid cysts do not need to be treated immediately. Dr. Ramakrishnan may recommend regular monitoring to see if the cyst grows or causes any problems.
If you are concerned about a benign colloid cyst in your thyroid, please schedule an appointment with Dr. Athira Ramakrishnan. She will assess your condition and recommend the best treatment option for you.
Here is some additional information about Dr. Athira Ramakrishnan:
- She is a board-certified endocrinologist with over 10 years of experience.
- She is a highly skilled and experienced surgeon who specializes in minimally invasive thyroid surgery.
- She is passionate about providing her patients with the best possible care.
If you are looking for the best treatment for a benign colloid cyst thyroid in Bangalore, please contact Dr. Athira Ramakrishnan today. She will be happy to answer any questions you have and help you choose the best treatment option for you.